Weekly Weigh-In #1… Again
So I finally got my butt on the scale again this morning. It was scary, but didn’t turn out quite as badly as I feared.
Highest Weight: 250 pounds
Current Weight: 247.8
Body Fat: 49.6%
Total Weight lost: 2.2 pounds
I knew it wasn’t going to be pretty. I haven’t been working out as much as I should and I’ve been eating A LOT. I was envisioning 250+ pounds and 50%+ body fat.
Some might argue that I’m not far off from those, and that’s true, but it means a lot to me that I’m lower. Because 250 was my highest weight, and 247.8 pounds means I’m NOT the heaviest I’ve ever been. And I’d have a little heart attack at 50% body fat. Or, you know, a big one since I probably have more cholesterol clogging up my arteries than I should.
So instead of looking at this like, “Damn, I’m right back where I started,” I’m choosing to look at it like, “Okay, I’ve got a long way to go, but I can do it.” And I’m looking at the things that HAVE become permanent, positive changes in my life:
- I’m not binging NEARLY as much at night as I used to
- I’ve been consistently taking my depression meds (a HUGE deal for me)
- I’m drinking a gallon of water or iced tea everyday
- I’ve been exercising for at least 45 minutes four days a week for the past month (I bumped it back up to at least an hour or two six days a week just recently)
- I’ve limited my intake of fast food and processed food (though I have yet to cut it out completely)
- I’ve stopped drinking soda
So while the number on the scale is back up, that isn’t the only thing that matters on this journey. What matters to me is getting healthy, not hot. I’m refocused now and getting back on track, but at least this time I didn’t COMPLETELY fall of the wagon.
I’d consider that a win :)